03 January 2009

Long Overdue Christmas, part 1

Sorry it's taken me so long to get this post up; we've had company or have been working on getting life and the house back under control since I got out for Christmas break.

Will had a fantastic Christmas. He was duly spoiled by all his doting relatives (including Mommy and Daddy).

On the 23rd, we had my local (Texas) sibs over for a fun evening. We ordered pizza, and played the Wii. At one point during the course of the evening, Will disappeared for a couple of minutes. When he emerged from the dining room, he had a slice of pepperoni in his hand. He reached up on the table, opened the box, and helped himself. Silly boy.

Christmas Eve, we went to my parents' house. We had an awesome lunch of tamales, queso, and other Tex-Mex specialties. Will had a great time opening his presents, even though we were working past his naptime. Afterward, he watched my nephew and my cousin play cards. I don't know what game they were playing, but Will thought it was hilarious. Check it out:




After going all afternoon without a nap (too much excitement!), Will was getting cranky. We headed home around 4:30. Will fell asleep before we got home and slept until 7, when Rolf's brother came over. Will stayed awake until about 7:30, long enough to open his presents from Uncle Rolland, and went back to sleep. There he stayed until past 8 on Christmas morning. He was one pooped little boy.

2 comments:

Mom's the Word said...

Something about older kids makes Jack laugh too. I can dance around all day and nothing. Then my nephew comes over, says boo, and Jack goes crazy.

Sarah F said...

We had so much fun at your house on the 23rd. We need to do that more often.