02 September 2008

Project 365 Week 16

Monday, August 25 - The first day of school with students. Photography was the last thing on my mind.


Tuesday, August 26 - After a vigorous play session in his sand table, Will gets Daddy to rinse his toys.


Wednesday, August 27 - After heading outside to water the flowers and back in to get a bath, Will sat down and pulled out his books. He loves to read so much that he will, with no prompting, pick up a book and read to himself. It doesn't matter that anything round is a "ball" and that most animals are "dogs." What matters to me is that he loves books. I figure he was genetically predisposed that way, but you never know...


Thursday, August 28 - Will was a sleepy boy tonight. All we were doing was changing his diaper, and he grabbed Boyd and his paci and tried to settle in for the night. I don't blame him. By Thursday, I was more than ready for the weekend.


Friday, August 29 - After his bath, a naked Will ran through the house, squealing in delight at the feel of the wind on his bum, dodging every effort to corral him, and refusing to settle in to brush his teeth. This is the only picture I got that night that didn't include parts of his anatomy I promised I would never publish online.


Saturday, August 30 - Will in his cool shark swimsuit at his friend Brenden's new house. Based on his love of bathwater and hoses, we assumed Will would love to swim. We assumed incorrectly. Will hated it in the pool. I can't blame him too much. He's only ever swum once before, for about 5 minutes, when he was 3 months old. The water was too cold for him that time. This time, I think he had a better feel for the idea of water as an awesome presence. It must be genetic. Both my mother and I are not water people. I'll go soak in a pool, but I am not a big swimmer. I think I must have been drowned in a past life...


Sunday, August 31 - For some reason, we missed grabbing a picture while we ran errands. Before we knew it, the day was over. Dangit.

No comments: