30 March 2008

It's Official

Will is a big boy.

  • I put away the last of his "emergency" bottles this afternoon
  • He stopped eating baby food about a week and a half ago. He'll still eat the Gerber Graduates stuff, but he's pretty much on to grownup food
  • We bought three baby gates today so we can contain him in the living room/entry area
  • We also bought another transitional car seat for my car. He's just getting too big for the infant carrier anymore
  • His vocabulary is expanding every day. We can't understand all of it just yet, but he has names for most things in the house (and outside)
  • We began putting together the plans for his first birthday party this morning
*sigh*

I love watching him grow up and learn new skills, but part of me longs for those early infant days when we could just snuggle him all day and he'd be happy. Now he's a wiggly, giggly near-toddler. No walking yet, just lunging from, say, the coffee table to my legs. If he had the confidence, he'd be there.

I love my little man.

1 comment:

Mom's the Word said...

I cannot believe almost a year has gone by. Wow! I can't wait for his party.