15 June 2008

Project 365 Week 5


Monday, June 9 - Mommy's Little Helper. Will found my broom and dustpan and helped me clean up the kitchen.



Tuesday, June 10 - I made Will some playdough today. He had a great time playing with it, squooshing his fingers into the stuff.



Wednesday, June 11 - We went to visit Will's Great-Grandad at his assisted living apartments. Grandad likes to feed the birds, so he and Will headed out to the courtyard to spread seed for the 50+ pigeons Grandad has tamed. If you look, you can see just how similar their gaits are. An interesting juxtaposition of one at the beginning of his life and one toward the end of his.



Thursday, June 12 - Will got lots of books from Grandma, who is weeding out her library of books for her classroom before she retires next year. This is awesome. I can't think of any better gift than our choice of her old books. We're splitting them with my sister, who teaches special ed.



Friday, June 13 - Mommy's Little Helper, part 2. I was putting the clothes from the dryer in our bedroom and came back to the laundry room to find that Will had taken the empty Clorox bottle and was "pouring" it into the dryer, just as he'd seen me do with the washer.



Saturday, June 14 - We took a trip to San Antonio for Father's Day weekend. This was Will's first trip to the Alamo. It was really stinking hot and humid and crowded, but we managed to have a blast anyway.


Sunday, June 15 - Rolf's second Father's day. This is Will on the inflatable mattress we bought so he wouldn't roll off a hotel bed. He had been so overstimulated from the heat and the noise and the crowd that when I finally got him to sleep, he was OUT. He slept later than I did!

No comments: