23 December 2007

All I Want for Christmas...

As of Saturday, December 22, 2007, Will has officially cut his first tooth! Huzzah! I could feel the difference in texture as he bit down on his spoon while eating yesterday, so after the cereal was all swallowed, I stuck my finger in there, and lo and behold, there was a rough little spot on his lower gum. Will doesn't like to show his lower gums - his tongue is usually over it - but this morning, I caught a glimpse of the tooth. It's really there and not something I just imagined. I am so excited. I was afraid the poor baby would never actually cut teeth. We have a feeling another 2 or 3 are just behind.

So maybe he'll just have one front tooth for Christmas, but hey, that's more than I was afraid he would have. If we can ever get a picture of it, I'll post it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

UPDATE: Rolf dug his finger in to Will's mouth after dinner tonight, and there ARE two teeth in there! Hooray! All we wanted for Christmas was his two front teeth, and we got it!

1 comment:

Mom's the Word said...

WOOHOO! Congrats. Don't worry; Jack isn't a big fan of showing his gums either. I bet Will feels so much better. It's a Christmas miracle. Have an awesome Christmas you guys! Don't forget to post some pics.