13 November 2007

6 Months Old!

Where on earth has the time gone? My baby, my tiny little man, is already six months old, and it's time for Thanksgiving again. I was thinking the other day about our time in the hospital. He was such a little guy, weighing less than 7 lbs. at birth. He was less than 20" long, and his little body had almost no fat on it. Now, he's a big, healthy boy.

At his appointment today, he was 27" long (50th percentile), 17 lbs, 2 oz. (50th percentile), and his head measured 17 1/2" (also 50th percentile, but the measuring tape slipped as he squirmed, so I don't know if that's accurate). He is eating more types of solid food, he's trying to drink out of a cup, and he's started in on the teething biscuits. Just look at the changes over the last six months. The first is the day we brought him home from the hospital, and the second was taken this week, his requisite "naked in the bathtub" pictures...









His vocalization is getting more and more specific, although he still speaks in Sim ("dag dag"). I'm still waiting for the day he comes out with "Mama." I've been waiting to hear that for over five years. For now, my heart is full when he snuggles into my shoulder or when he sees me enter the room at daycare and shoots me that fantastic grin.

Here's a video of the little guy laughing at his daddy. He's just such a happy little boy:


1 comment:

Recovering Sociopath said...

What a contagious laugh. I just stood here and giggled, watching this video.